Oh! Un tas de pierre géant! Il s’agit d’une ancienne source chaude. On ne sait pas si elle est endormie et pourrait rentrer en activité à tout moment ou non. 🤯 Pour ma part, il s’agit d’un gnome. Christophe en a une autre interprétation, mais je vous laisse à votre imagination... 🤫 #libertycap#yellowstone#wyoming#roadtrip#yellowstonenationalpark
0 10an hour ago
Did you know...?
1) When I was an adolescent I spent a summer in a RV with my grandparents, mom and brother touring the USA West of the Mississippi River. I have so many great memories of that summer and it was the spark that ignited my passion for travel and history.
2) When I was in high school, it was my dream to do graduate studies in History at University of Glasgow. I may not do those graduate studies now, but I will visit the campus when I travel to Scotland (Planning a family trip in a couple years between my son's undergrad and Med School).
3) I LOVE singing! I've performed with choirs and small groups throughout school and college. I was also a karaoke dj for a short time.
What is a fun fact you would like to share about yourself?
from the archives 🗻
I’ve been looking through old road trip pictures from Wyoming and Montana. I am 100% not an outdoorsy camping type person. I camp in a sleep with the windows open kind of a way. But, I absolutely fell in love with this part of the country and our national parks (even while sleeping in tents). It’s a toss up for me between Yellowstone and Yosemite for my favorite. Oh and there’s Zion and Glacier National... what’s your favorite park?!
Get in touch with nature on February 23rd as we explore the beauty and abundant wildlife at Yellowstone National Park for an exciting 6-day tour. Learn more about the tour and book your spot by visiting the link in the bio.
2 132 hours ago
Good morning Miles4Metavivor community, all race packets have been sent out. If you didn’t receive yours, please send me a message and I will investigate. 😃❤️
A small portion of the #Yellowstone#Bison#Herd in #YellowstoneNationalPark in #Wyoming. .
1) It is the largest public #BisonHerd in the United States with approximately 4,900 bison.
2) It is the only known herd that has always been free-ranging and never needed to be reintroduced.
3) Technically, the term #Buffalo is a misnomer. All of these creatures in North America are bison while buffalo are only found in Asia and Africa. Bison have a large #hump across the shoulders, shorter #horns, and a #beard which differentiates them from buffalo.
4) American bison once numbered between 25 and 60 million and were possibly the most numerous large land animal on Earth. By the late 1880s, they had been nearly hunted to extinction. The Yellowstone herd is descended from 23 bison that survived the mass slaughter by hiding out in the #PelicanValley of #YellowstonePark.
5) Natural #predators of bison found in the park include #BlackBears, #GrizzlyBears, and #wolves.
6) Bison can crossbreed with #cattle. The #offspring generally look like #purebreed bison.
So this gentleman decided to grab dinner about twenty feet from my tent site in Yellowstone last September. Thankfully no one was gorged! Also, not a Boston Red Sox hat. Brooklyn Dodgers, ca 64! Love me some Jackie Robinson. 😍