Brian Mason, Manager Native American Affairs at Barrick Gold, along with serving in the US Marine Corps for over 21-years, retiring as a Company Gunnery Sgt, at the Invictus Games Veterans Career Summit, during the 2017 IG, chatting with The Reginald Show.
Brian Mason, who is a member of the Shoshone-Paiute Tribes of the Duck Valley Indian reservation, was sharing how Barrick Gold along with the seven different Native American Tribes that make up the Western Shoshone Community are working together.
Furthermore, Brian shared how over the last couple of years there have been programs set up as a partnership between Barrick Gold & the Western Shoshone Community to provide training/internship in trades created within the Mining plus countless other fields, for the youth in this area. There, are also counseling, cultural, sustainability and many other programs that have been set up within the Western Shoshone Community too. #BrianMason#WesternShoshoneCommunity#BarrickGold#VeteranCareerSummit#InvictusGames2017#IG2017#InvictusGamesToronto#IAM#USMarineCorpsVet#Shoshone-PaiuteTribes #DuckValleyIndianreservation#creatingabetterfuture#communitychanges
Interview with Brian Mason can be seen at
Repost from @goldilocksrio2016 using @RepostRegramApp Very belatedly sharing my #BestNine2017! So many special photos from an amazing year so this is the third #bestnine of a few collages and it’s dedicated to our amazing holiday in #Toronto#Canada in September 2017 for @invictustoronto! 🇨🇦 @bladeboyrio is a huge #Invictus fan so we’ve been following the #InvictusGames around the world - from London in September 2014 where we were so lucky to meet #PrinceHarry - he took a great interest in talking to Rio about the design on his prosthetic leg (the ‘Rio’ movie characters!) and he then very kindly invited Rio to the Invictus Orlando Games in May 2016 where they were reunited so of course we had to go to Toronto for the third Games in the franchise! #InvictusGames2017 In this #TopNine2017 from the top L-R:
1. So excited to be at the Opening Ceremony @aircanadacentre
2. Family photo between Wheelchair Tennis matches @nathanphillipssquare
3. With my boys @trevor_woolf and Rio at the York University #Athletics Track for the first day of the Toronto Invictus Games - Rio was really excited to cheer on his fellow British Blade Runners!
4. Chilling in the #rooftoppool@hiltontoronto#HiltonToronto
5. Fantastic to finally meet @chrisjacksongetty at The @cntower whilst we were waiting for Prince Harry @kensingtonroyal to arrive for his Royal walkabout. We’re so grateful to Chris for capturing these lifetime highlights for Rio in such stunning photographs - something special to show his future children and grandchildren! We were thrilled that Rio was the first person in the crowds that Prince Harry came over to speak to when he arrived! Now we’re counting down to Invictus Sydney in October this year and we’re hoping Rio will be reunited with Prince Harry for a fourth meeting - see you there Chris!
6. Stunning views from our water taxi to Toronto Island of the Toronto city #skyscrapers including The CN Tower
7. Feeling on top of the world at The CN Tower
8. Lying on the #glassfloor of the #CNTower - ridiculously terrifying, even though it was my second time, having visited Toronto back in 2001
9. Feeling jubilant at the end of the Toronto Invictus Games Closing Ceremony
Very belatedly sharing my #BestNine2017! So many special photos from an amazing year so this is the fourth #bestnine of a few collages and it’s dedicated to our amazing holiday in #Toronto#Canada in September 2017 for @invictustoronto! 🇨🇦 @bladeboyrio is a huge #Invictus fan and so are we! We’ve been following the #InvictusGames around the world - we started in London at the inaugural Games in September 2014 where we were so lucky to meet #PrinceHarry who was so generous with his time and took a great interest talking to Rio about the design on his prosthetic leg (which was the ‘Rio’ movie characters!) and he then very kindly invited Rio to the #InvictusOrlando Games in May 2016 where they were reunited so of course we had to go to Toronto for the third Games in the franchise! #InvictusGames2017 In this #TopNine2017 from the top L-R:
1. So excited to be at the #OpeningCeremony at the @aircanadacentre and we had a wonderful surprise to see Rio on the big screen first outside the arena (see previous post!) and then on the big screen inside - it was part of a montage filmed at @invictusorlando#InvictusOrlando where he was high-fiving one of the Invictus competitors
2. Excitedly waiting at the @cntower for #PrinceHarry to arrive!
3. On our #HarbourCruise enjoying the views of the #city#skyline
4.With the #IAM
sign at the @mattamyac
5.At the Pan Am
Centre for the Invictus #Swimming Event
6. At @ripleysaquaca
7. Enjoying a bite and the views at the Restaurant at the #CNTower
7. Feeling on top of the world at The CN Tower! #SpectacularView of the Toronto City Skyline and Skyscrapers
8.Rio enjoys the city views from the CN Tower.
9. At stunning #CasaLomo on our last day
Vandaag een mooie 200 wissel op het ONK in Hoofddorp gezwommen. Ongetraind exact mijn inschrijftijd en pr gezwommen. Zeker geen vlekkeloze race, maar wel 1 waar ik tevreden mee ben! Mijn lijf heeft er trouwens ook een mening over haha.
Nog een kleine #ikreisterugnaarhetvereden! Vandaag 6 jaar geleden sochtends vroeg, ging het niet helemaal als gepland. In Kunduz komen te vallen. 5 jaar revalideren, 6 operaties gehad en eigenlijk het afgelopen jaar stiekem nogsteeds aan het revalideren.
Een arm die niet naar behoren functioneert, een arm die (ook nu) nog regelmatig reactief is en geheugen wat mij vaak genoeg in de steek laat. Niet iets voor op een CV.
Of misschien toch wel? Na elke operatie terug proberen te komen naar het oude. Elke tegenslag proberen te boven komen.
Een bijzondere groep vrienden om me heen, zelf een paar die ik bijna nooit (of te weinig) zie, maar wel altijd terecht kan.
Een vrouw die mij in de toom probeert te houden en gaat dr nog aardig af ook haha. Een warm (schoon)gezin en een te gekke zwemvereniging die mij blijkbaar niet los kunnen laten (of was dat nou andersom ;)) Bijzondere mensen mogen ontmoeten, en onder andere de Invictus Games mee mogen maken.
Misschien is het inderdaad toch niet iets voor op een CV, maar wel iets wat ik zeker NIET meer uit de weg ga! Dit ben ik geworden. Dit is wat bij mij hoort. Dit is wie ik ben. Dit is wie ik wil zijn! (Ok ik zal wel proberen wat actiever in het #huishouden te worden 😂😂😂) I am the captain of my soul, i am the master of my fate!
I was challenged by myself when I decided to volunteer at the Invictus Games after going through two operations and a radiation treatment. It became even harder when my mom passed away just a week before the games started. I got back from Estonia a day before the Estonian team arrived in Toronto. The next 11 days as a team Estonia liaison were busy but at the same time I can't express how glad I was to have this opportunity to be there for the competitors and their friends and family. // Kõige suurem väljakutse oli sel aastal kindlasti Invictus mängudel vabatahtlikuna kaasa löömine. Aga sellist võimalust olla abiks Eesti võistkonnale ei tarvitse enam kunagi tulla. Parim otsus, mis üle aegade teinud olen. #decemberreflections2017#invictusgamestoronto2017#invictusgames#invictusgames2017#invictusvolunteer#ig2017volunteers#invictusmängud
Michael and Maria Grace with Prince Harry after after speaking at WE Day Toronto during the Invictus Games. Words cannot express how highly I think of this man. Thank you for your service, thank you for Invictus and just thank you for being such a kind, approachable, amazing person and role model! #princeharry#invictusgames2017#IG2017#Weday#wedaytoronto#wedaytoronto2017
0 88:34 PM Nov 18, 2017
Each year, the @invictustoronto showcases wounded warriors from around the world who are getting back in action through sports and competition. Prince Harry and other celebrities have poured their hearts and souls into support this incredible event. | See more from #Invictus2017 in Toronto at the #linkinbio.
Prince Harry kicked off a busy day meeting youngsters being treated at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto, Canada's largest mental health and addiction hospital as well as workers. #princeharry#invictusgames2017
Prince Harry tells crowds at Opening Ceremony of @invictustoronto to get ready to be inspired by competitors and fierce competition. Her low key presence marks the first time she has joined the Royal for an official event and will intensify speculation that an engagement announcement is imminent.
Harry, seated a quarter of a stadium away, occupied a VIP box alongside Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, US First Lady Melania Trump and Ukraine's President Poroshenko.
Because they are not engaged, royal protocol dictates that Harry and Meghan cannot sit next to one another at official events.
The distance - 18 seats and four rows - did nothing to dampen the actress's excitement or pride. She beamed as Harry gave an inspiring and humble speech on stage during which he told the 550 athletes gathered: 'You are all winners. You are invictus.' (It's also cute that he kept looking down to make sure she was ok) #princeharry#meghanmarkle#invictusgames2017