Surprising Indoor Plant Trends for 2018:
Plants have exploded in popularity in the past couple of years, and monstera, sansevieria are now household names. Plant experts share the surprising trends they see and ready to roar into 2018.
1. Ceramic Planters: With a style statement, pulling you away from plastic pots and boring old terracotta. the ceramic planters are here to make some noise. Pair them up with succulents, house plants and position them at any space at your house to instantly turn it into a green space. It is a stylish gifting trend as well and is set to be the favorite for the plant lovers.
2. Flashes of Colour: As our thumbs get greener, our desire to branch out also gets stronger, and it's just not enough to have plain old basic leaves these days. With leaves that look like someone went a little crazy with a paintbrush. Leaves are splashed, spotted, and streaked with color. It's also currently one of their best decor because, hello, who doesn't love this shade of pink? We pick Pink Princess Philodendron & Tri-Colour Oyster Plant.
3. Vibrant, Patterned Foliage: According to Pinterest, saves for "patterned plants" are up over 500%. So, go beyond green with variegated, striped leaves that add even more movement and life to your space. We pick Calathea 'Freddie'.
4. Aquatic Plants: If your thumb isn't the greenest, but you still want something to bring your space alive, think about aquatic plants. We pick Marimo "Moss Balls" & Amazon Sword Plant.
5. Evergreen trend still staying: Monstera deliciosa's iconic, split leaves are so pretty that they've been featured extensively in art and design and it looks great with many different interior styles. It's safe to say this plant isn't going away anytime soon.
6. Dwarf Fruit Trees: You don't need an orchard to have fruit at your fingertips. These compact varieties won't get too large for your living room, and can be brought outside when the weather is nice. We pick Citrus Fruits & Meyer Lemons. Happy Planting.