so here's the tea on traveling with natural hair 🌿
1) if you know you have a packed schedule go for a protective style instead. It saves you the trouble of refreshing and traveling with all your products shoved into your suitcase
2) if you're gonna go for leaving your hair out BRING A DEEP CONDITIONER. Exposing your hair to sun, sea, and chlorine can be tricky. You really want to keep all the moisture in. My hair felt FRIED after a day at the beach but shout out to Shea Moisture's JBCO Strengthen & Restore Treatment Masque. I wouldn't have survived without it. It made my hair feel silky smooth again.
3) Make sure you pack your bonnet/silk pillow case/ silk scarf. You're trying to preserve your hair and even though hotel beds are super comfy their cotton pillow cases are the enemy 🤷🏽♀️
4) Make sure you pack everything you need for a wash and go. Your favorite styling cream will be missed if you don't pack it !
5) If other members of your travel group are natural as well make sure they bring products that works for changing hairstyles. I made sure to pack my brothers Cantu Twist and Lock Gel because we knew he would bounce from curls to two strand twists during the trip.
I think the next time I travel I'll go with a protective style to avoid restyling, carrying so many products (my family uses the same products so imagine), and to avoid fussing with my curls when it's too hot to even bother.
Had so much fun at the @fortifydnaturals x @christinavega_ / @thechristinavboutique event yesterday! I love attending events and connecting with curly friends, I'm trying to do as much as possible before I move next month. Would you guys be interested in a meet up or something? I would love to meet you all🤗Let me know in the comments🔽🔽🔽
I know many of you are getting ready for your wash day so here is a little #hairinspo ➰
Puff with Flat Twists ❣️
When it was time to puff up my wash and go I wanted to switch it up, so I added flat twists in the back. You can do braids or twists.. whatever you prefer. Flat twists are just easier for me! 🤗
@mielleorganics White Peony Leave In Conditioner
@mielleorganics Flexible Hold Edge Gel
@mielleorganics Honey + Ginger Styling Gel
If you re-create this style be sure to tag me so I can repost it! 🙌🏽🤗